A CPC is a legal requirement for road haulage operators and the CPC holder has to be specified on the Operator's Licence.
A CPC qualification can only by held by a person (a transport manager) and not by a company. So long as you pass the exams, you can become a CPC holder regardless of whether you drive, you work in an office, etc.
In recent years the CPC exam process and qualification has changed slightly. There used to be a CPC International qualification and a CPC National qualification. This has now been merged into one for new students.
There are two exams as part of the qualification. The first is a multiple choice which tests theoretical knowledge. The second is case study based and requires longer, more detailed answers to test practical application of the thoery. Both exams need to be sat and passed to gain a CPC qualification.
The new CPC qualification is all-encompassing and covers a wide range of area topics:
- Civil Law
- Commercial Law
- Social Law
- Fiscal Law
- Business and Financial Management
- Access to the Market
- Technical Standards and Aspects of Operation
- Road Safety
CPC Training Schools
- Crowlands, Essex
- DLT Training Ltd, Bridgend
- Driver Training Wales, Swansea
- Fresh Logic, Bicester, Cambridge & Manchester
- React Training, Reading
- Somax Driver Training
- TopGear LGV, Birmingham & Wolverhampton
- Tyne and Wear LGV, Tyne and Wear
- Wallace School of Transport, London, Battersea, Brentwood, Croydon, Dunstable, Enfield, Heathrow, High Wycombe, Greenwich, Guildford, Park Royal, Watford, Wembley
- Wessex Transport Training, Poole
Looking to learn how to get your HGV licence FAST? Click here to find out how.
Already have an LGV licence but looking for a job? Find HGV jobs in your area.