HIAB Training

To legally use a lorry mounted crane (including brick cranes, grabs, lifting cranes, etc.) you will need a HIAB qualification.

You can usually get these from HGV Driving Instructors or HGV Driving Schools as top-up courses once you have passed your HGV test.

A typical HIAB course covers:

  • Choice and selection of loaders
  • Critique and certification
  • Health and Safety
  • Operating procedures and precautions
  • Positioning of loaders
  • Slinging and Handling
  • Practical Skills Test

Getting a HIAB qualification increases your employability as it allows you to apply to jobs which require a HIAB licence. Whilst some employers state that a HIAB qualification is not essential, if you have one, to them they don't have to spend as much training you. This makes you a more attractive proposition to them.

HIAB Training Schools

Looking to learn how to get your HGV licence FAST? Click here to find out how.

Already have an LGV licence but looking for a job? Find HGV jobs in your area.